[Haskell-cafe] Could Haddock export documentation with type family applications normalised?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue May 3 10:43:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 03.05.2016, 11:20 +0100 schrieb Oliver Charles:
> Has this been discussed before? If not, how do people feel about
> this?

there will be people who want normalised types, and others will want
the original types, so I expect that we will not agree on one
particular behavior.

But since the usual scheme is that haddock should print what is written
in the source, if there is something, then the InstanceSigs extension
should help you:
https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/latest/docs/html/users_guide/type-cl
ass-extensions.html#instance-sigs

Have you checked if haddock is maybe already paying attention to such
signatures?

Greetings,
Joachim

--