[Haskell-cafe] hslua and language-lua need new maintainers

Ömer Sinan Ağacan omeragacan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 16:18:49 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I need new maintainers for my packages hslua[1] and language-lua[2]. None of
these packages is super popular so it's not going to be a lot of work. I just
need someone to take care of new issues and pull requests. + points if the
maintainer is a user of the library :-)

I just don't have time and motivation to maintain those as I'm not a user
anymore.

Some background,

lanugage-lua was the first Haskell program I've written (according to git logs,
3 years 6 months ago). I maintained it over the years and used in some
projects. Currently Eric Mertens (glguy) is also a maintainer who occasionally
sends some patches, but I need someone to take care of the new issues and pull
requests. One thing you may want to do is to merge Eric's patch that ports the
parser to Happy (currently it's Parsec) and improves the performance
significantly.

hslua was originally written by Gracjan Polak. I was using it and sending some
patches and eventually I became the maintainer, created a Git repo, wrote some
blogs posts about it, wrote tests and examples etc. I think the library is in
good shape. One thing you may want to do if you take over the maintainership
might be to port it to Lua 5.3 and drop the LuaJIT support. Every once in a
while someone asks for it, there's even a pull request that is in bad shape
that makes it working with 5.3.

There's also another feature request for handling memory exhaustion in the
interpreter.

If you're interested in maintaining any of these please reply to this thread
or send me a mail.

Thanks.

---

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hslua