[Haskell-cafe] Trying desperately to make a c library binding on Windows

Nicu Ionita nicu.ionita at acons.at
Thu Mar 17 22:50:53 UTC 2016

Am 17.03.2016 um 23:24 schrieb Theodore Lief Gannon:
> > I am on Win 7, using stack (configured for lts-4.2) under MinGW.
>
> Stack itself provides MSYS2/MinGW during builds on Windows. Do you
> mean you have an independent MinGW shell that you're opening, and then
> running stack from there?

Yes, I work under the git bash (git for Windows comes with an own msys).

> If so, assuming you're not already using this flag, try:
>
> stack build --skip-msys

Just tried that now, same result.

> This tells stack that it's already running inside a unix-style shell,
> and shouldn't assert its related path overrides.
>
> Beyond that, it would help to have more information about exactly
> where everything is and how it's being built/invoked/etc.

Project is under:
J:\Projects\BaseOh

Library is under:
J:\BO\lib

and is called:  libbayesopt.a

(under bash they are called /j/Projects/BaseOh and /j/BO/lib, needless
to say I tried those too, but they are not found, as the programs know
only Windows style paths).

So beeing under the git bash in the project directory, I type:
 > stack build

or even:
 > stack build --extra-lib-dirs=j:\\BO\\lib

But in both cases, if the line "extra-libraries: bayesopt" is present in
the cabal file, then configure does not work (message below).

Inbetween I upgraded stack (now is version 1.0.4.2 x86_64). When I try
to build, I get the message:

Continuing despite missing tool: msys2

after which the build continues and brings exactly the same failures.