[Haskell-cafe] Local mirrors of hackage

Victor Miller victorsmiller at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 17:26:52 UTC 2016

Hi John, I just got around to installing the downloaded hackage mirror, and
I noticed that its structure is different than the one that I downloaded
last June -- in the old one there are files

00-index.cache
00-index.tar
and a bunch of subdirectories, one per package. Within each of those is a
version subdirectory which contains a cabal file and a tar.gz file of the
package files.

In the new one there are files
00-checksums.bak
00-checksums.dat
00-index.tar.gz

and a directory called package

That directory contains directories called package-name-version
and a corresponding file called package-name-version.tar.gz

one for each package and version

My version of cabal 1.22 doesn't understand that.  Do I need a new version
of cabal, or do I have to process the files somehow?

Victor