[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] The Haddock documentation is not showing up on the Hackage

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Jun 27 07:01:00 UTC 2016

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016, KwangYul Seo wrote:

> I uploaded a package named enchant on the Hackage last week, but the
> Haddock documentation is not showing up yet. The Status field says "Docs
> pending" and "Build status unknown".

This is certainly not for haskell at haskell.org. I am answering to
haskell-cafe and cabal-devel.

> https://hackage.haskell.org/package/enchant-0.1.0.0
>
> enchant uses c2hs as a build tool to generate the FFI binding and
> requires libenchant-dev to be installed on the machine. I wonder how I
> can tell these build requirements to the Hackage server.

I assume that it is not a good idea to install many additional packages on
the Haskell server. Thus I think the best you can do is to upload the
documentation yourself via the package maintenance site.

Here is a script that should help creating the docs locally and upload
them to Hackage:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ekmett/lens/master/scripts/hackage-docs.sh