[Haskell-cafe] Problem binding GEGL library

nek0 nek0 at nek0.eu
Sun Jun 19 13:48:10 UTC 2016

Hello fellow haskellers,

I am currently working on Haskell bindings to the GEGL [0] library.
Since it's my first time working with the FFI and the whole idea of
binding a library into Haskell, I have now run into a problem I can't
resolve myself.
The GEGL headers expose a function "gegl_buffer_iterator_new" which
returns an iterator over a selected area in a buffer. This iterator
contains a float pointer with pixel data. My problem is to make the
iterator and the data it contains accessible to Haskell and to iterate
over it.
Can someone of you please help me with this problem? One of my initial
thoughts was to wrap it into a monad, but I am totally inexperienced
with that.
My project can be found on my Github profile [1].

Many thanks in advance,

nek0

links:

[0]: http://www.gegl.org/