[Haskell-cafe] Macros For Cabal Version

Michael Sloan mgsloan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 01:54:45 UTC 2016

If Cabal itself is a dependency, then you can use the
MIN_VERSION_Cabal macro.  That'll only work if your build script is
built via cabal, because it generates cabal_macros.h .

Another approach would be to rely on GHC_PACKAGE_PATH being accurate
(or if the global db is used), and run "ghc-pkg field Cabal version".

-Michael