[Haskell-cafe] ANN: eccrypto, aka Hecc, hF2

Marcel Fourné haskell at marcelfourne.de
Wed Jun 15 07:35:33 UTC 2016

Dear Haskell Community!

It was a long~ish time ago I released hecc[1], which had an unfortunate
but funny (to me) name, later together with hF2[2]. Since I have neither
released hyperelliptic curve crypto support, nor my pairing based crypto,
a generalising change in names would be in order.

Today I am releasing eccrypto[3], which contains the code of both (to
allow easier refactoring of new ideas) and something new:
A pure Haskell, timing-attack resistant Ed25519[4]
implementation! ...well, a very rough one at least. The code is not
"done", gives wrong results, is _very_ slow, but it might serve as
reading material as well as a primer what I plan to do in the future.
I do not plan to add embedded C or assembler code, but plan to make the
code comparatively fast to some common implementations as well as
timing attack resistant (see: [5]), even if it will never be as fast as
the best code used in contemporary benchmarks.

Sadly, due to health issues, I am not able to work on said code and
have not been for a time longer than I care to admit.

All comments are welcome, but I will not be able to guarantee answers. ;)

Best of wishes to a thriving community,
Marcel Fourné

[1]: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/hecc
[2]: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/hF2