[Haskell-cafe] CUFP 2016 Call For Tutorials

Román González roman at unbounce.com
Tue Jun 14 06:50:02 UTC 2016

Hi all,

The Commercial Users of Functional Programming (CUFP) 2016 has its Call for
Tutorials open for submission.

CUFP 2016 is being held in the historic city of Nara, Japan. The conference
is devoted to showcase the state of the art of Functional Programming on
industrial settings.  This conference is co-located with the International
Conference of Functional Programming (ICFP).

We're looking for tutors that would like to host workshops on on the
following themes:

- Introductions to functional programming languages. In the past we have
had sessions of Clojure, Erlang, F#, F*, Haskell, ML, OCaml, Scala, Scheme
and others.

- Advanced programming languages, concepts and applications (e.g. Lens,
Liquid-Haskell, Agda, Idris, etc.)

- Applying functional programming in particular areas, including Web,
high-performance computing, finance.

- Tools and techniques supporting state of the art functional programming.
In the past we have had tutorials on QuickCheck, Elm and others.

- Theory. Type theory, category theory, abstract algebra, ongoing or new
research, and anything useful or interesting to functional programmers.

If you'd like to submit a proposal, just fill this form
http://goo.gl/forms/qoyK9qYPZhiDPSzO2.

More info can be found at http://cufp.org/2016/call-for-tutorials.html

Regards,

Roman Gonzalez.