[Haskell-cafe] ANN: SciFlow-0.5.0

Kai Zhang kai at kzhang.org
Tue Jun 7 21:48:59 UTC 2016

Hi Cafe,

I've been working on a package to manage data analysis pipelines, mainly
for personal use. But I feel there may be others who are interested in this
as well, so I just published an up-to-date version to hackage.

Briefly, this package help you design and manage data analysis pipelines
written in Haskell, with computation steps being just Haskell functions
with type: a -> IO b. I use template Haskell to construct the dependency
graph, and computation steps are assembled according to the graph and type
checked at compile time. Each step can be configured to run either locally
or on a remote machine. Concurrency is also supported. Independent steps
will run simultaneously. Take a look at https://github.com/kaizhang/SciFlow
for breif introduction and some examples. This package is still under heavy
development, but it is quite stable otherwise as I've been using it on our
cluster for some time. I hope you would find it useful and any feedback is
welcome!