[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Data Structure design

Guru Devanla gurudev.devanla at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 04:56:37 UTC 2016

William/Tom,

(1)  Yes, looking into lens and re-factoring my current experimental
project in lens will be my next iteration. For now, I plan not to spend
time on it.

(2)  Agreed.  Not sure how I missed that.

(3) I see how foldM works now.  I missed the point that foldM not only is a
`map` but also does a `sequence` after that.  I got stuck earlier, thinking
I will end up with a list of state monads. The sequence steps executes this
monadic action.

But, how can I do a foldM in a state monad. Say, I need to map over a list
of students and add up all their fees, can I get away not `evalState`
inside the foldM step function?

Thanks. this is very exciting as I keep simplifying my code!

Guru