[Haskell-cafe] Hide the data constructor for type family instance

David Sorokin david.sorokin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:01:35 UTC 2016

Hi Cafe,

When instantiating a type class with type family, I see that haddock shows the data constructor for the type family as visible. This is what I would like to avoid. I would like to hide the details of the data constructor in the documentation.

An example is stated below:

-- | An implementation of the 'FCFS' queue strategy.
instance QueueStrategy BrIO FCFS where

  -- | A queue used by the 'FCFS' strategy.
  newtype StrategyQueue BrIO FCFS a = FCFSQueue (LL.DoubleLinkedList BrIO a)

  newStrategyQueue s = fmap FCFSQueue LL.newList

  strategyQueueNull (FCFSQueue q) = LL.listNull q

Here the FCFSQueue data constructor is visible together with all its contents in the documentation! I would like it would be hidden completely. At least, I would like to hide the contents.

Is it possible to do?

Thanks,
David