[Haskell-cafe] Re: localized memory management?

insanemole . monkleyon at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:17:30 UTC 2016

One thing you can try is access current garbage collector stats by using
the GHC.Stats library. I don't know how that mingles with multiple threads
and I don't think it's very precise, but it sounds simple enough.

You just have to start GHC with stats enabled. Afterwards, you can check if
they are enabled with getGCStatsEnabled and get a record of stats with
getGCStats. Then experiment away with the entries of that record.

Hope that helps.