[Haskell-cafe] Doc generation?

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 07:09:38 UTC 2016

:

> Note that with the Git version of cabal-install you can run 'cabal
> upload --doc' to upload the docs to Hackage manually.

Are there any safeguards on the Hackage server side to guarantee
consistency between the uploaded package and the uploaded docs? (i.e. make
sure it's the right version etc.) Are there checks on the server side that
the cross-package links are correct? Does the server make sure that the
docs contain source links?

If the answer to any of these questions is "no", I consider even the
possibility of uploading docs by hand a bug. Wrong/partial documentation is
worse than no documentation at all...

Cheers,
   S.