[Haskell-cafe] async docs not on hackage for some reason?

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 12:28:49 UTC 2016

> Hello,
>
>   Does anyone have any thoughts why the async docs aren't available on
> hackage yet?
>
>   - https://hackage.haskell.org/package/async-2.1.0
>
>   It says this version was uploaded a few days ago, but no docs are
> available. I did a `cabal get` locally and build the docs using stack; so
> it works fine.

Same here:

   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/OpenGLRaw
   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/OpenGL

Hackage always had trouble building docs, while e.g. Stackage doesn't seem
to have any problem. I don't understand at all why e.g. packages I uploaded
basically at the same time got their documentation built very quickly,
while the packages above have not even been tried yet... :-/ Note: I
consider uploading documentation by hand a non-option, it takes way too
much time when you maintain several packages and 99% of the time you get
the links to other packages wrong. Furthermore, as a user I have no clue if
the uploaded documentation *really* matches the uploaded source code.

Cheers,
   S.