[Haskell-cafe] Merging the OpenGLRaw and gl packages
svenpanne at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 16:18:08 UTC 2016
FYI: I've released a new OpenGLRaw version 184.108.40.206 which is now quite close
to the gl package. The changes:
* Use pattern synonyms for OpenGL enums.
* Changed module name prefix from Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.Raw to
* Use slightly different type synonyms for GL type (introducing Fixed on
* CDouble => Double (for GLclampd, GLdouble)
* CFloat => Float (for GLclampf, GLfloat)
* CInt => Fixed (for GLclampx, GLfixed)
* CInt => Int32 (for GLint, GLsizei)
* CSChar => Int8 (for GLbyte)
* CShort => Int16 (for GLshort)
* CUChar => Word8 (for GLboolean, GLubyte)
* CUInt => Word32 (for GLbitfield, GLenum, GLhandleARB, GLuint)
* CUShort => Word16 (for GLushort)
There are still a few minor differences between OpenGLRaw and gl (see
but nothing serious: As a test, I modified the luminance package to make it
compatible with the new OpenGLRaw, and the diff is really small (see
https://github.com/phaazon/luminance/pull/39). So I think that the gl
package can be retired, but that's of course totally up to Edward and
Gabríel. A few remarks:
* Using pattern synonyms means losing support for GHC < 7.8, which I
consider OK now that 8.0 is coming soon. But to be sure, there is a branch
("classic") for the previous OpenGLRaw API if the need for minor
changes/bug fixes arises.
* To stay consistent, GLURaw has been changed in a similar way.
* The OpenGL package has been adapted to use the new APIs internally, but
its external API is still the same.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Haskell-Cafe