[Haskell-cafe] [announcement] filtrable: class of filtrable containers

Bryan Richter b at chreekat.net
Wed Feb 17 17:31:41 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 09:16:01AM -0800, M Farkas-Dyck wrote:
> On 17/02/2016, Oleg Grenrus <oleg.grenrus at iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > - The OtherLicense seems a bit scary (even the contents aren’t),
> >   is there a good reason why you don’t use more familiar MIT or BSD3?
>
> Too verbose. I might use ISC if it weren't also an OtherLicense...

I appreciate the feeling. My personal favorite is the WTFPL. :)

However, you are trading verbosity in one particular reference file
for increased obscurity and adoption friction for the library as a
whole.

They may be more verbose, but MIT and BSD3 are very well understood
and accepted, and for the audience for whom they are intended,
verbosity is just another term for "completeness".