[Haskell-cafe] Generalising Categories - categories of tuples

Clinton Mead clintonmead at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 05:21:09 UTC 2016

Hi All

I've been doing some work on generalising categories, basically so the
composition operator (.) works for not just functions, but things like
tuples of functions, whilst still retaining type inference.
Control.Category is a bit too restrictive for such instances.

You can see the details in my blog post here:

https://clintonmeadprogramming.wordpress.com/2016/02/16/generalising-categories/

Any comments appreciated, I hope people find it interesting. Also, a quick
plug, I'm looking for work, so if there's any Haskell (and/or functional
programing) work around Sydney, Australia going I'd be interested. :-)

If people really think this is useful, tell me, and I'll try to put it up
as a package. Alternatively, if it's already been done, I'd appreciate a
pointer in that direction.

Regards,

Clinton Mead