[Haskell-cafe] FLTKHS on WIndows- Call for Help.

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 20:43:22 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I am the author and maintainer of FLTKHS [1] a cross-platform GUI binding
and I could use some help getting it installed on Windows. When I cut a
release this past October it was working well on Windows 7 with MinGHC and
CMake[2]. Unfortunately MinGHC is now no longer supported and I haven't had
much luck getting it to work on with Stack and the mingw that now ships
with recent versions GHC. The Stack team is not to blame, I am very much a
noob on Windows. I have also recently lost access to my (woefully
out-dated) Windows 7 box. As it stands FLTKHS does not work on GHC > 7.10.2
since that is the version supported by the final release of MinGHC.

In short, if you are currently using this package on Windows with Stack,
please tell me how you got it working. If not and you would benefit from
this package could you give it a try and report back? It doesn't have to be
a full write up or anything, just a short overview of what you did would be
great. When I hear back I'll borrow a machine, try it out, update the
documentation and cut another release.

Thanks!
-deech

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package