[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] aeson 0.11.0.0

Adam Bergmark adam at bergmark.nl
Mon Feb 8 21:22:02 UTC 2016

Hi haskellers,

As a new co-maintainer of aeson I'm happy to announce aeson 0.11.0.0[1].
v0.10 had a number of issues and v0.11 aims to fix all of these. I'm happy
to see that all known regressions have been fixed, and I didn't have to
write any code myself! ;)

Going 0.9 to 0.11 should be no work for most users. I've built all packages
in stackage nightly[2] and out of 222 only one needs a non-trivial change
(sorry pagerduty maintainers!)

Please help out by letting us know if we missed something, including if
something should be added to the CHANGELOG[3].

A big thanks to everyone who contributed code to this release:

Bryan O'Sullivan
Bas van Dijk
Oleg Grenrus
Herbert Valerio Riedel
Ben Weitzman
Daniel Díaz
RyanGlScott
David Johnson
Artyom
Cale Gibbard
Mikhail Glushenkov
Ondrej Palkovsky
Tim Bodeit
mrkkrp

And a thank you to everyone else who helped in other ways!

All the best,
Adam

[1] https://hackage.haskell.org/package/aeson-0.11.0.0
[2] https://github.com/bos/aeson/issues/355