[Haskell-cafe] New type of ($) operator in GHC 8.0 is problematic

Geraldus heraldhoi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 11:08:41 UTC 2016

Hi, friends! I want to share my own feelings about type signatures. It is
always hard for me to read type signatures with class constraints, because
first I need to spot that there is =>, then I have to split type signature
in my mind to constraint part and actual signature part. I think having
constraints before signature when defining things is something that eases
source parsing and etc., but wouldn't type signatures become a bit more
readable if we put constraints after actual signature when printing it in
GHCi (and maybe in Haddock), e.g.:

    forall r :: RuntimeRep
           a :: *
           b :: TYPE r