[Haskell-cafe] New type of ($) operator in GHC 8.0 is problematic

Imants Cekusins imantc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 23:40:31 UTC 2016

off-topic but still may be relevant. my apologies if it isn't:

isn't a good programming language - simple and unambiguous?

isn't programming language as much about communicating with other
programmers as about instructing compiler?

look at the game of chess: limited number of clear rules allow for
many complex and rich games.

clarity, convenience + library coverage would draw users and keep
them, I think. Good shiny tools attract interest. However it's what
you could make with these tools matters.