[Haskell-cafe] Problems with cabal and stackage

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Feb 3 12:49:37 UTC 2016

Sorry about that, I brought it up in issue #150[1] and had thought that
cabal-install was no longer a limiting factor on forcing SSL connections.
I've just added a workaround that disables the redirect for tarballs, so
that it should still work with cabal-install, while granting most users the
security guarantees of using SSL. I believe this will be a sufficient
workaround, but I'd appreciate if you could test and confirm that this
fixes the problem for you.

[1] https://github.com/fpco/stackage-server/issues/150