[Haskell-cafe] Share a variable across GHCI sessions: Possible?

Jeffrey Brown jeffbrown.the at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 07:10:16 UTC 2016

Suppose v is a view onto some data in a graph[1]. You ask GHCI to (show $
nodes v). You would like to ask GHCI in another window to (show $
disambiguations v), referring to the same v. Is it possible?

My motivation is to show disambiguations that are about the nodes. Examples
of disambiguations would be "a ! character adjacent to the left of a word
means it requires money", or "CAP stands for Coastal Alliance of Pharoahs",
or "a(/n)b means a needs b".

[1] Using the Functional Graph Library, I am writing a graph database
editor, Digraphs With Text:
https://github.com/JeffreyBenjaminBrown/digraphs-with-text
DWT is exceptionally flexible. Relationships can be of any arity, and can
involve other relationships. For instance, in DWT the relationship "_ needs
_ in order to _" has a natural representation; I am unaware of any other
system in which it does.

I would *love* help! And I take job offers seriously!

--
Jeffrey Benjamin Brown