[Haskell-cafe] threadDelay delays less time than expected (Windows)

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 00:47:52 UTC 2016

Not to be infuriating, but I think you should check and re-check your
tooling is not using 32 bit values at any particular point.

Notice:

(fromIntegral (86400000000 `mod` 2^32)) / 10^6 ~ 500 seconds which is
your observation.  Any time you depend on `Int` to represent numbers
near or greater than 2^28, or perhaps 2^31 in practice, you should
think hard about bounds and implications regarding portability anyway.

-Thomas