[Haskell-cafe] many haskell's mails are detected as spam on gmail

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Mon Dec 26 20:22:36 UTC 2016

> On Dec 26, 2016, at 2:25 PM, Francesco Ariis <fa-ml at ariis.it> wrote:
>

> I wouldn't delete the footer, especially the unsub information.
> Some users are new to mailing lists and how they work; I frequently
> witness frustration and misunderstandings over how to unsubscribe.

Sure, but it is a trade-off.  DMARC imposes a penalty on adding a
footer, the DKIM signature breaks, and p=reject kicks in, unless
we start mangling the From lines, which is IMHO worse, but opinions
vary...  On the postfix-users list, majordomo (not mailman) is configured
to detect various attempts at (un)sub and blocks the post, responding to
the user instead with helpful directions.  False positives happen rarely,
but as the list is email related, not never, and one has to rephrase some
posts to get around the filter.

--
	Viktor.