[Haskell-cafe] happy parser generator - stack space overflow error

Tobias Dammers tdammers at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 11:21:12 UTC 2016

In my experience, using one of the excellent parser-combinator libraries
out there (megaparsec, attoparsec, trifecta) is usually less painful and
perfectly adequate.

On Dec 25, 2016 7:49 AM, "Mageshkumar Kuppusamy" <magesh.kuppusamy at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hello folks, I am generating a parser for SystemVerilog language using
happy parser generator.
I have the *.y file which i run using happy as below

happy -gca ParSysverilog.y and i get the below error.

Stack space overflow: current size 8388608 bytes.
Use `+RTS -Ksize -RTS' to increase it.

to increase the stack size and to get more info on the error, i learned
that i need to use something like below.
happy -RTS -K16384 -sstderr +RTS -gca ParSysverilog.y
but i got an error message

happy: Most RTS options are disabled. Link with -rtsopts to enable them.

does this mean that, i need to recompile happy source code using the
"-rtsopts" to use the +RTS...-RTS options ?
any recommendations from your experience ?

Thank you in advance

Magesh