[Haskell-cafe] Supporting Haskell.org in 2016

Adam Foltzer acfoltzer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 19:46:37 UTC 2016

Dear Haskellers,

A great deal of core infrastructure, including HaskellWiki, Hackage, Hoogle,
and build infrastructure for GHC are hosted and managed with the help of
donations to haskell.org, from you, the Haskell community. As many of us
are in tax jurisdictions where December 31st is a deadline for charitable
giving, I’d like to remind you that donations to support these activities
are tax-deductible.

You can donate online right now through the donate button on the wiki:
https://wiki.haskell.org/Donate_to_Haskell.org. Mailing information for
checks is also on that page. New for this year, individual donations may be
made directly via Paypal rather than the clickandpledge service, and
Haskell.org
is also can now accept donations through employers via Benevity using the
unique ID 475236502.

This year we had a successful first Summer of Haskell, offering 8 stipends
of $5,500 to students making valuable contributions to our shared tooling and
infrastructure such as ghc, ghcjs, and hackage, and engaging them in what
we hope becomes a long succession of contributions to open source software.
The exciting results are available at https://mail.haskell.org/
pipermail/haskell-cafe/2016-December/125702.html; this work is only made
possible by your generous support, and that of the sponsors listed at
https://summer.haskell.org/.

We also have continued improving our infrastructure, using committee funds
to help the development of a new performance tracker for ghc, with the aim
of opening this up to a broader range of projects as well. With your
support, we hope to continue these activities and more in 2017.

Best wishes,
Adam Foltzer on behalf of the Haskell.org committee