[Haskell-cafe] stack setup errors when user name has accents

Andre Fernandes fernandes.andre at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 01:13:05 UTC 2016

I am new in Haskell, and I am trying to use stack in my "Windows 10"
machine to study a little more.

Stack installed nicely, but when I run "stack setup" at the command prompt
I get the following error:

*"Could not parse 'C:\Users\Andr├®\AppData\Roaming\stack\config.yaml':*
*InvalidYaml (Just (YamlException "Yaml file not found:
C:\\Users\\Andr\233\\AppData\\Roaming\\stack\\config.yaml"))*

*See http://docs.haskellstack.org/en/stable/yaml_configuration/."*

My name is "André" with an accent, and that's the problem, it can not find
config.yaml at my windows user directory. Is there a way to solve this
problem, maybe force stack to look into another folder, or something else?

My windows command prompt encoding is 850, I do not not know if this info
could help.

Thanks in advance for any answer,
André.