[Haskell-cafe] Rewrite without parenthesis

Theodore Lief Gannon tanuki at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:29:34 UTC 2016

Francesco, you missed a piece. 'head' is part of the expression. :) What
Carl is looking for is one or the other of these:

head $ tail [1,2,3]
-- or --
head . tail $ [1,2,3]

The first one is shorter and fine for inlining, but I generally prefer the
second form... it helps intuition about eta reduction, refactoring, and
additional composition.