[Haskell-cafe] Todo monad

Jules Mazur julesmazur at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 18:41:27 UTC 2016

Honest question -- why use this over e.g. a callback function?

The point of this structure, as I understand it, would be to establish the
status of asynchronous computations being performed from `[a]`; it follows
that this status would be used to execute a follow-up computation.

Jules

On Aug 16 2016, at 2:27 pm, Francesco Ariis <fa-ml at ariis.it> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 08:21:31PM +0200, Corentin Dupont wrote:
> Hi guys,
> is there some library with a Monad (+Applicative, Functor...) instance of
> the following type:
>
> data Todo a b = Todo [a] | Done b

> What is the general idea behind the "todo monad"? As an unrepented
procrastinator, I might learn something useful.