[Haskell-cafe] Comparable Haskell text(s) to "ML for the Working Programmer"?

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 21:35:48 UTC 2016

ML for the Working Programmer is roughly equivalent of SICP but uses
SML instead of Scheme. It also covers most (?) of the SML language
whereas SICP is not really a book about (MIT-) Scheme.

The closest Haskell equivalent might be the second edition of Graham
Hutton's Programming in Haskell from what I've seen of the press
release and table of contents. The first edition was very much a short
and readable introduction to functional programming in Haskell (not
covering all of the Haskell language). It looks the second edition
takes a significantly deeper look at Haskell the language.