[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Compose :: Melbourne 2016 Speakers!

Lyndon Maydwell maydwell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 06:13:11 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone!

In case you haven't heard, Compose :: Melbourne (the new sister-conference
of Compose) has now announced its program of presentations for the first
day:

http://www.composeconference.org/2016-melbourne/day-one-program/

Compose is a conference for functional programmers, focused on technologies
such as Haskell, Scala, Clojure, OCaml, F#, SML and others. Compose ::
Melbourne will run on the 29th and 30th of August (this month!)

We're excited to have a wide range of talks on a diverse selection of
topics including an opening keynote by Manuel M.T. Chakravarty (the author
of Haskell for Mac). There will be a single track of 10 speakers from
Melbourne, Australia, and around the world!

## Unconference and Workshops

The second day of the conference will take the form of an unconference. The
day will also feature a collection of organised, as well as spontaneous
workshops including introductions to Haskell and Purescript:

http://www.composeconference.org/2016-melbourne/unconference/

## Financial Assistance

If you need help attending Compose :: Melbourne, then contact us. We have
put in place a financial-assistance plan:

http://www.composeconference.org/2016-melbourne/assistance/

## Volunteering

As Compose :: Melbourne will be running in just a few short weeks, we're
currently looking for volunteers to help assist with running the workshops
on day-two. If you feel like lending a hand, then don't hesitate to get in
touch!

## Sponsorship

If you, or your organisation wishes to lend assistance to Compose ::
Melbourne, we are accepting sponsorship. If you want to learn more, then
please view our sponsorship-prospectus:

https://github.com/composeconference/Compose-Melbourne/wiki/Sponsorship-Tiers

## Getting in Touch

To get in touch with the organisers of Compose :: Melbourne, then email the
committee at <composemel-admin at googlegroups.com>.

For more information, see the home-page of Compose Conference:

http://www.composeconference.org/