[Haskell-cafe] Amazon SES email issues

David Escobar davidescobar at ieee.org
Sat Apr 30 08:18:22 UTC 2016

Hi Brendan. Yes, I use port 587 in my other apps and it's worked fine
there. When using Network.Mail.Mime.SES, I haven't found a place to
explicitly set it though. Perhaps it assumes 587 by default? I've also used
the same keys but no success there. I tried flipping them around, and got
an authentication error, so I know the original order was correct.

The only other thing I'm doing in my Rust program is setting the
authentication mechanism to PLAIN and there's also an option to always
encrypt which I've set as well. There doesn't seem to be an exact
equivalent set of options in Network.Mail.Mime.SES, but perhaps it also
does those by default?