[Haskell-cafe] Generics changes in GHC 8 break containers

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 20:14:23 UTC 2016

See https://github.com/haskell/containers/issues/195

There's been some change to representation types. However, Andres Löh
believes that the correct solution is to remove the Generic instances
that were recently added to containers master (which have never
appeared in a released version). I've opened a pull request to do so,
but I'd prefer to hear from Wren Romano (co-maintainer) and Kubo Kováč
(who wrote the instances) before doing so.