[Haskell-cafe] Are libraries expected to enforce safe usage of thread-unsafe functions?

Benjamin Edwards edwards.benj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:48:39 UTC 2016

Presumably you will have a safe and an unsafe variant of each function, the
safe one calling its corresponding unsafe variant guarded by an appropriate
locking mechanism. Just export both and note why the unsafe variants are
marked "unsafe". Separating policy from implementation is always nice for
callers. Presumably they know their application and what they are willing
to pay for each call.

Best,
Ben