[Haskell-cafe] Haskell hacking internships at LANL (Fall 2016, undergraduate)

Kei Davis kei at lanl.gov
Fri Apr 1 15:14:12 UTC 2016

We have an ongoing project developing an auto-parallelizing pure
functional language implementation using GHC as the front end to dump
Core or STG (much like Intel's approach here
http://www.leafpetersen.com/leaf/publications/hs2013/hrc-paper.pdf).

If you are a United States citizen or permanent resident alien studying
computer science or mathematics at the undergraduate level with strong
interests in Haskell programming, compiler/runtime development, and
pursuing a fall semester (2016) internship at Los Alamos National
Laboratory this could be for you.

We don't expect applicants to necessarily already be highly accomplished
Haskell programmers--such an internship is expected to be a combination
of (further) developing your programming/Haskell skills and putting them
to good use.  If you're already a strong C hacker we could use that too.

The application deadline is May 31, 2016.  It's a bit of a process so
don't leave inquiries until the last day.

Email me if interested in more information, and feel free to pass this
along.

--
Kei Davis
kei at lanl.gov
Applied Computer Science Group CCS-7, Mail Stop B287
Los Alamos National Laboratory Los Alamos, NM 87545, U.S.A.