[Haskell-cafe] Initial public release of Haskell bindings for SLEPc

Marco Zocca zocca.marco at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:51:31 UTC 2015

Dear all,

    I have published the first version of my Haskell bindings for the
SLEPc parallel eigenproblem library; it's available at

https://github.com/ocramz/slepc-hs

So far, only the most basic functionality is wrapped, and there is no
exception control or high-level types and combinators, but it
showcases a number of aspects of Haskell foreign-function interface
design (using `inline-c`). I am also developing Haskell bindings for
PETSc, thanks to the similar design of the two libraries, and I hope
to release it before the end of the year.

My biggest hope however is to contribute to the conversation between
the functional programming and high-performance computing communities,
as I feel the expressiveness and correctness guarantees provided by
the former can be of great advantage to the latter.

I look forward to your feedback;
Kind regards,

Marco Zocca