[Haskell-cafe] Parsing, infixes and on-the-fly precedence

Jeffrey Brown jeffbrown.the at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 07:28:10 UTC 2015

I imagine a parser that operates on (String,[String]) pairs, for which the
second element allows the user to define precedence on the fly.

For instance, it would read the pair
  (x,y) = ("a , b : c", [":" , ","])
as
because y informs the parser that in x the colon binds first, then the
comma.

I know it is possible, because Haskell does it already! In Haskell we can
define novel infix operators on the fly, including their precedence
relative to each other.

I don't know how, though, so that's my question.

--
Jeffrey Benjamin Brown