[Haskell-cafe] Simply and easy graphical toolkit?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Thu Sep 24 14:06:46 UTC 2015

Not really an answer to your question, but more a hope that someone has
built something that would be. The nicest tool I've ever used for creating
GUIs that were mostly graphics with some clickable elements was JF
Bartlett's ezd. See
http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/Compaq-DEC/WRL-91-6.pdf for more info.

The diagrams package is easy to use, but more powerful than simple. With
the gtk backend you can get points from mouse clicks, The diagrams user
manual points out that the query feature of diagrams could use such clicks
to identify a set of elements that were clicked on, which could then be
used to find the code you want to run. So in theory, you could use diagrams
in a manner similar to the way ezd worked - but I couldn't seem to find an
example of this use.