[Haskell-cafe] Flag to recompile modules which had warnings

Thomas Koster tkoster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 00:38:42 UTC 2015

On 8 September 2015 at 22:41, Greg Horn <gregmainland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is ghci or emacs haskell-mode, but if I use -Werror in
> my cabal file then any warnings will cause ghci to fail loading, and I can't
> use helpful interactive features like `:t myFunction` or `print someValue`.

I didn't think about that.

I don't use Emacs so I'm just guessing here, but depending on how
haskell-mode works, you might be able to keep ghci happy by putting
":set -Wwarn" in your "~/.ghci" file, which should hopefully set
warnings to be warnings again for ghci only. However, this may mean
that ghci can compile a module where ghc refused and you're back where
you started.

--
Thomas Koster