[Haskell-cafe] Private packages on hackage

Alan & Kim Zimmerman alan.zimm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 18:31:51 UTC 2015

>> . I would much prefer to see a commercial vendor, perhaps Well-Typed or
FPComplete, able to spin up proprietary Hackages as a service for
commercial users, and for those Hackages to integrate well with
hackage.haskell.org

>> .
>

> I can very well imagine commercial users not wanting to use a repo
owned/run by what might be a competitor.

I think there are different kinds of commercial users, some of us just want
to use it for internal projects so there is no conflict.

In terms of distracting from the core mission of haskell.org, I can
understand the viewpoint. Personally I do not mind who provides such a
service so long as it plays well with hackage. I wanted to start the
discussion wrt haskell.org so it can go forward in a neutral way.

Alan