[Haskell-cafe] How to direct cabal to use an alternative ghc version, ala stack?

David Banas capn.freako at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:17:14 UTC 2015

Hmm…is it possible that the packages entries in my stack.yaml file:

flags: {}
packages:
- '.'
- circat/
- hermit/
- hermit/examples/HIW13/second/plugin/
- hermit/optimizations/pretty/hermit-pretty/
- hermit-extras/
- kure/
- lambda-ccc/
- netlist/netlist/
- netlist/netlist-to-verilog/
- netlist/netlist-to-vhdl/
- netlist/verilog/
extra-deps:
- applicative-numbers-0.1.3
- marked-pretty-0.1
- ty-0.1.5
- type-unary-0.2.19
resolver: lts-2.22

are what guided stack down the right path, re: mimicking the effect of my “cabal sandbox —add-source …” commands?

And that the version constraints in the “lts-2.22” cabal.config just happened to be what I needed for this project?

-db