[Haskell-cafe] How to direct cabal to use an alternative ghc version, ala stack?

David Banas capn.freako at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 12:32:45 UTC 2015

Thanks to all, whom replied.

I found that a simple “stack install …” worked perfectly, as an alternative to “cabal install ...". Stack seems to have honored all the “cabal …” things I did in setting up my sandbox, including all my “cabal sandbox —add-source …” commands (5 in all). And, of course, it used the back-rev’d version of ghc I configured it (i.e. - stack) for.

That is SO neat that I can’t understand why it’s not a featured item in the Stack documentation.
Thanks, Stack crew!

-db