[Haskell-cafe] JOB OPPORTUNITY_ Jr. Functional Software Developer

CREATE-NET Jobs jobs at create-net.org
Wed Sep 2 10:40:41 UTC 2015

CREATE-NET is seeking a motivated Junior Functional Software Developer. You
will be part our innovation IT team based in Trento, Italy, and will be
contributing to the development and testing of our specialized software
products which support the workflow related to scientific content
organization.

 *Technical skills*

●        Experience with one or more functional programming languages.
Haskell and Common Lisp are preferable.

●        Experience with web technologies: Javascript, HTML5, CSS, AJAX,
JSON APIs, web services, responsive web design.

●        Optional knowledge of either Node.js, Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java is
considered a plus

●        Experience with relational DBMSs (PostgreSQL)

●        Experience with distributed version control systems (Git)

●        Familiarity in working with GNU/Linux environments (RHEL, Ubuntu,
etc.)

*Specific job responsibilities will include*

●        Contributing to the maintenance and the improvement of our content
management platforms and applications;

●        Developing new solutions for software integration

●        Interacting with the project responsible and the user community to
determine requirements and communicating with the support team to handle
issues or new features requests.

*Organizational skills*

●        Autonomous thinking and problem solving skills;

●        Prioritization, time management skills and capability to adapt to
dynamic environments;

●        Ability to work hands-on and with little supervision;

●        Ability to timely deliver your work as per an agreed roadmap;

●        Attitude to collaborative working;

Applicants should have Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in
computing or other related disciplines and a proven experience in software
development. They should be enthusiastic about web applications
technologies and willing to expand their knowledge and skills on other
technologies too.

Please include any Github/Bitbucket or otherwise links to open-source
contributions you have made.

*How to Apply: *Please send your resume/CV in English to
careers at create-net.org, specifying in the email subject: “FUNCTIONAL
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER -HC”. Only applications submitted in English will be
taken into consideration.

*Important:* Due to Italian Privacy Protection Law n.196/03 any resume not
mentioning explicitly the following wording: “I authorize the use of my
personal data in accordance with Italian Privacy Protection Law
(30/06/2003, n.196/03)” will be automatically deleted from our database and
consequently not taken into consideration.

*Languages:* Good command of the English language (written and spoken) is
essential. Knowledge of the Italian language both spoken and written is not
required, but can be helpful.

*Working Place*: Povo (Trento), Italy