[Haskell-cafe] what do I have to do exactlry with this exercises

Sean Leather sean.leather at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 06:35:34 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Roelof Wobben wrote:

> Im self studing Haskell with the Craft o ffunctional programmimg of Hutton.
>
> Now I see two exercises that I do not understand what is really the
> purpose here.

Maybe a slight rewording of the instructions would help? (It helped me!)

The two exercises are :

> 4.21 Given a function f of type Integer -> Integer give a recursive
> definition of a
> function of type Integer -> Integer which on input n returns the maximum
> of the values f 0, f 1, ..., f n. [...]

Given:

  f :: Integer -> Integer

Define:

  g :: Integer -> Integer
  g n = ...

such that g is defined recursively. g n returns the maximum of f 0, f 1,
..., f n.

4.22 Given a function f of type Integer -> Integer give a recursive
> definition of
> a function of type Integer -> Bool which on input n returns True if one or
> more of the values f 0, f 1, ..., f n is zero and False otherwise.

Try a similar rewording as above.

Regards,
Sean