[Haskell-cafe] 'Associative' order of calling

Marcin Mrotek marcin.jan.mrotek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 20:15:57 UTC 2015

So you mean "associatively" meaning "the property that people usually
ascribe to Foldable but that can't be expressed in Haskell type system,
that the operation passed to foldMap "will be called with each and every
element of the container but without ever commuting the elements"? In that
case, I get it, but I'd consider it a case against the Foldable type class
(i.e. that the type system is not able to express this property) or
Haskell's type system, or just leave it be and consider it to be one of the
things to be taken on faith.

Best regards,
Marcin Mrotek