[Haskell-cafe] wxHaskell on Windows compilation problems

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Sat Oct 24 14:24:02 UTC 2015

:
> - Grab wxWidgets with git and using MSYS shell compile like:

It is better to download 3.0.2 source code, because wxHaskell cannot
handle wxWidgets 3.1 yet. Even better, use a wxInstall package[0]; if you
want to install wxHaskell from source on your own disk, instead of from
Hackage, do not run the Install.bat.

> So, I copy the wxWidgets setup.h file from include/msvc/wx to include/wx

This file should have been generated by mingw32-make; if you use a
wxInstall package, you have the right setup.h file.

:
> Does anyone have any clues how to make wxHaskell and MinGHC work
> together?

I tried it, the method described at the HaskellWiki page[1] works for
MinGHC as well.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

[0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxhaskell/files/wxInstall/