[Haskell-cafe] Cross-compiling for arm?

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Sun Oct 18 16:00:10 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 9:04 AM Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info> wrote:

> On 10/17/2015 03:29 PM, Mike Meyer wrote:
> > Thanks, the worked like a charm! Any chance this can be used for
> > cross-compiling from a Unix desktop to embedded arm?
>
> Not as easy as that. This solution relies on the fact that you can run
> i386 binaries on x86-64, which is obviously not true for arm.

Yeah, I sort of expected that. But i'd be nice if it works.

> See https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/CrossCompiling for
> how to build a cross-compiler.

Doesn't work for me for building embedded code. The target arm-none-eabi
fails to configure because gcc doesn't work, because _exit doesn't exist.
Which is indeed the case. I don't see any way to turn that off.

Is this not supported by ghc?