[Haskell-cafe] STM and garbage collector

Michael Sloan mgsloan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 03:23:28 UTC 2015

In this case, the GC will indeed find that no one has a reference to the
thread.  However, instead of garbage collecting the thread, the
BlockedIndefinitely exception is thrown to it.  So, it resumes execution of
the thread with that exception.

This also applies to threads blocked on MVars.

-Michael